Things I learned on my walk today…
- It takes me a half hour to walk to my house to my old school
- It takes an hour to walk back to my house after walking a complete circle around it.
- There was everything from broken beer bottles, canisters of eggs and an opened pregnancy test box on the side of the road while I walked.
- Walking on my subdivison’s main road felt like a mini road trip. I’ve lived in this neighborhood eleven years and I’ve never walked those roads.
- This experience was made better by Dan Deacon’s newest album “America”. Holy shit is it good.
- While I walked on the side of the high school, I realized I hadn’t been in that area since 2006…then it occured to me it’s been six years since high school and I’ve since graduated college with my BA
- I don’t think I want it to turn fall. I love it when the sun is beating down on my face. Yes it’s extremely hot but I’ll always be a summer guy.
- I’m determinded to lose 30 more pounds by the end of the year.
Twenty four and stuff.
I can’t believe I’m already twenty four. Like, where the hell did time go? So 2011 has been a pretty decent year in the fact that I feel better about myself. I started the year off with a goal to feel better physically as I should mentally. I feel like I’m getting to the home stretch probably on both accounts. I wanted to lose weight this year and that’s exactly what I did, roughly fourty pounds to be exact. I was never a “fat” guy but I had gained a fair share of weight since my explosive break up with what’s her name back in the fall of 2009. I just never recovered from that mentally at times and so I just let myself go I suppose.
Well, I changed that. I bought myself an elliptical and I worked out on it as much as I could as well as watching what I was eating. I look and feel so much better than I did say eight months ago, it’s a path I hope to continue throughout the months and years to come.
This is also a pretty interesting day in the fact that this is my last semester in college…well for awhile maybe. I graduate Webster University this December and I’m so glad it’s about over. While I won’t be technically graduating since I’ll be doing an intership next spring, it will be nice to know that these are the last of college courses I will be taking…unless I go for my masters. It’s been a long educational road but man, am I glad it’s about over with. My first class on Mondays and Wednesdays is around 8 in the morning and it sure was a little tough to get out of bed at 6 in the morning today. Especially with it being the first day and all, but thankfully I’ll be getting out around 10 for the first 8 weeks until my term 2 classes start so that will be a nice change of pace. I know I will miss summer though.
Speaking of summer, one of the best movies of the summer has to go to Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I loved the early originals back when I was a kid and this was one of the summer movies that mixes a fantastic and engaging story along with great character developement and action. Everything just fit perfectly.
So Happy Birthday to me. Someone should get me this cake…